Offered by Spring Rain Hydrotherapy (Located inside About Your Health)
Call Linda Salyer, I-ACT Certified, owner of Spring Rain Hydrotherapy directly to make your appointment at 803-361-2620 (Appointments available Monday through Friday. Saturday appointments available for an additional $10 convenience fee.)
Why Do People Receive Colon Hydrotherapy?
- Athletes have opted for colon therapy to improve metabolic efficiency.
- Many receive the treatments during a period of lifestyle change or as a preventive measure.
- Intestinal distress; constipation (some from prescription drugs), carbohydrate indigestion, diarrhea, gas, bloat, hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, diverticulitis, colitis, parasites, skin conditions such as psoriasis, shingles, and eczema, inability to lose weight, and scar tissue and adhesions from surgery.
- Another group is pain motive; abdominal pain, continuous headaches and migraines, back or shoulder pain, aching joints, gout.
- A number of clients are immune-compromised with lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue, Epstein-Barr, Candida, infections, colds or influenza.
- Colon hydrotherapy sessions are used for medical reasons: pre- and post-surgery or barium X-ray, stool samples, and geriatric
- A number come in during a fast, a cleansing program, a raw food diet, a liver and/or gallbladder flush, or recovering from an accident.
- Some are working on emotional issues, which they feel are physiologically rooted in their intestines.
What Will Colonics Do For The Colon?
- Cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built-up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
- Exercise the Colon Muscles: The build-up of toxins weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the colon naturally moves material. Having Colonics is like taking you colon to the gym.
- Reshape the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape because the colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the buildup of toxins not being released. That in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.